2smart platform has pluggable architecture and consists of the universal core and
modules. The core knows nothing about hardware protocols and not bound to any vendor. Modules - are plugins that add support for different features and protocols. For example, if you want to integrate with Zigbee, all you need is just install “Zigbee bridge” module from our market place.
This approach allows us to support devices from any vendor with any protocol. For now, we have the following bridges: Zigbee, KNX, Modbus, Xiaomi hub, custom MQTT bridge etc.
The right architecture was very important for the success of this project. Here are some of the aspects that we have implemented:
- Every feature works without the Internet. The same time we support remote access through the Internet.
- No backend polling, everything is event-based. Almost everything works instantly, minimal delays in reactions.
- Modular architecture with an ability to install 3-rd party extension. We have created a market place for extensions. Extensions are distributed in docker images.
- User will be able to install the application on the local machine by running one command.
- Cross-platform support.
- Device auto-discovery support.
Elaborate UI is the second import part of the platform:
- You can configure dashboards for own needs.
- You can have dashboards for different rooms, floors, zones.
- Everything on every dashboard in real-time.
- You can add as many widgets to dashboard as you wish.
- Each dashboard can have mobile and desktop layouts.
We target different types of users:
- The main idea is the flexibility of managing a smart home, for this we are developing scenarios. For more advanced users, we provide the opportunity to write scripts in the code editor.
- For users who don`t want to write the code, it will be possible to create flexible scripts using a fairly simple and most flexible interface.
- Professional who want to integrate new types of devices, create own bridge. For them, we have SDK, which simplifies the development process.