CrowdScores is a London-based real-time sports data company developing technology for real-time sports data crowdsourcing.
The idea of the product was to offer referees of small-sided football matches a platform that enables them to easily cover live games. This would provide players with live updates and statistics from their league via the application. The main goal of our customer was to create a mobile application for iOS and Android and quickly launch it into production in order to quickly evaluate the viability of the business concept.
We provided the client with a dedicated team consisting of a front-end developer, QA engineer, and part-time project manager. Since one of the goals was to launch the application quickly, the first step was to decompose the product and establish the MVP using the product specification. Then, we focused on enhancing the product’s functionality to meet user needs. To ensure excellent communication and productivity in the distributed team, we held regular calls with customers and used Slack, Standuply, and Github to optimize workflows.
The functionality of the product allows:
- Forming football teams and leagues;
- Start a game with a timer, play it, create and view events like goals, and add information about the player who scored them;
- Creating and viewing a list of scheduled football matches;
- View the match and league archives.
- Created a mobile application and custom components for tracking football game statistics.
- Minimized development costs to test a business idea — the choice of React Native technology allowed us to bring the application to market faster and reduce development resources with a total code base of 80% for two mobile platforms.
- Managed to launch an MVP in 1 month.