Mercedes-AMG is a subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG that is involved in the manufacturing of sporty serial models and their modifications, the development of racing cars, and the representation of Mercedes-Benz in motorsport.
We needed to create an application that would help racing drivers and car enthusiasts in finding a car to rent for a race event or track day anywhere in the world, as well as event organizers in attracting more participants. A major challenge was to go live with a beta version in less than 4 months.
Software architecture model
Race Scout is designed to target all active teams and drivers, including amateurs and professional drivers. The product composed of 3 parts: Main Racescout App, Mobile App, Admin App.
The Main Racescout App’s structure is intuitive and it contains multiple useful functions:
- Drivers and teams alike can create and edit their profiles;
- Users can reserve tracks, cars, and experiences via web browser;
- The system stores many racing events, tracks, and cars, making data entry and search much easier;
- Various filtering options are available enabling to find suitable offers and events;
- Online payment processing via the integrated Stripe payment system;
- Team manager can provide race offers and sells experiences to drivers;
- The built-in messenger allows drivers and team managers to have a private conversation right in the app to discuss the specifics of a potential collaboration.
Mobile App allows users to do all Racescout App functions via the mobile device.
Admin App provides series and event management to RS admins via their web browser.
RACE Scout is a cutting-edge digital component for the development of worldwide motorsport services. For Mercedes-AMG, this is a step to a digital transformation which enables more opportunities to exchange information about international motorsport.
The app has the potential to become the world’s most popular and largest motorsports community.